Effects of Priest Sex Abuse
Are you a victim of childhood sex abuse in Minnesota or beyond? Have you struggled with any of the following?
Our sexual abuse attorneys helped hundreds of victims of childhood sex abuse.
- Guilt, feelings that it was your fault
- Anger (toward yourself, your abuser, others who should have known or stopped the abuse)
- Self-hatred, self-blame
- Criminal behavior, self-destructive behavior
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Flashbacks, repressing memories, post-traumatic stress
- Fear, avoidance of intimacy
- Inability to sustain meaningful relationships, inability to function
- Insomnia, difficulty concentrating
Over the years,
we've come to recognize the signs. The trauma of childhood sex abuse can leave
emotional scars that last for years after the abuse has ended. We see
courageous survivors push ahead into adulthood, only to find their lives
falling apart at some point.
Many turn to alcohol or drugs to deaden the pain. Some turn to crime. Many are
unable to sustain meaningful relationships or hold a job. Sometimes, so-called
over-achievers try to bury the pain of the past in constant work.
Questions about clergy abuse in Minnesota? Contact our sexual abuse lawyers today.